- All questions are important for the final examination.
- This assignment includes theoretical questions, algorithm, flow chart, find a output.
- Distinguish between the following pairs:
- main() and void main(void)
- int main() and void main()
- Give difference between compile and interpreter.
- Draw block diagram computer system and explain it.
- Give difference between software and hardware.
- What is machine or low level, high level language?
- What is initialization and why is it important.
- What is algorithm, list types of algorithm and explain it.
- What is flow chart and explain it.
- Give difference between flow chart and algorithm.
- Explain the structure of ‘C’ program.
- What is keyword and identifiers?
- List and explain the fundamental data types of ‘C’ language.
- What is data types and describe fundamental data types with type, purpose, size and range of values.
- What is operators, list of the operators and explain increment and decrement operators.
- What is size of operator and how it is useful?
- What is header file and how they are useful. Write the name of any 4 header files.
- What is the purpose of scanf() and printf() function.
- Explain use of getchar() and putchar() functions.
- Explain the syntax of multiple if…else statement.
- Explain the switch statement with example.
- What is loop and explain different types of looping structures.
- Compare break statement with continue statement.
- Difference between while and do…wile loop.
- What is string and what are the operations that can be performed on string.
- What is an array and what are its types.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of pointers?
- Explain array of pointer with example.
- What is function, and what is user defined function.
- What is function prototype?
- What are the differences between local and global variables?
- Explain the difference between call by value and call by reference with example.
- What do you mean by recursive function, with example?
- Explain malloc() function and how it is useful in dynamic memory allocation.
- What is structure and explain its syntax with example.
- How the size of structure can be determined in ‘C’ program.
- What is union and how it differs from structure.
- State whether the following statements are true or false.
- Every line in a C program should end with a semicolon.
- Main() is where the program begins its execution.
- The purpose of the header file such as stdio.h is to store the source code of a program.
- Syntax errors will be detected by the compiler.
- All variables must be given a type when they are declared.
- The keyword void is a data type in C.
- The scanf function can be used to read only one value at a time.
- The C standard function that receives a single character form the keyboard is gerchar.
- One if can have more than one else clause.
A switch expression can be of any type.
- The default case is required in the switch statement.
- While loops can be used to replace for loops without any change in the body of the loop.
- The type of all elements in an array must be the same.
- Draw a flow chart to find whether given number is odd or even.
- Draw a flow chart to find maximum number from three numbers.
- Draw a flow chart to reverse given number.
- Draw a flow chart to find maximum number form N different number.
- Write an algorithm to find out minimum number form three input number.
- Write an algorithm to find factorial of given number.
- Write an algorithm to find whether given number is Armstrong or not.
- What is the output of the following program?
char x; int y;
printf(“%d ”,10 + x++);
printf(“%d ”,10 + ++x);
|iv) int x=0;
printf(“number is positive”);
printf(“number is negative”);
v) int a=10, b=5;
vi) int m=100, n=0;
|vii) int m=0;
|viii) char s1=”kolkotta”;
|ix) int m;
|x) int m;